Finding the right shoe can be a challenge when you have Achilles Tendonitis. Whether you want a walking shoe or a running shoe, you want to ensure that you get the right shoe that will cater to your inflamed tendon. This is why we've put together a list of the best shoes for Achilles Tendonitis so that you don't have to do all the research yourself.
The Achilles Tendonitis tissue connects your calf muscles to your heel bone. It is a flexible band of tissue that, when inflamed, causes this condition known as Achilles Tendonitis. If you suffer from this, you have to ensure that you are wearing the right shoes and applying the home remedies you can find.
Here are some of the best shoes that can help with Achilles Tendonitis.
Best Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis
1. Brooks Men's Ghost 13 Running Shoe
- THIS MEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Ghost 13 is for runners looking for a reliable shoe that's soft and...
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: The neutral support type provides high energizing cushioning. Ideal for...
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA and DNA LOFT cushioning work together to provide a...
- SMOOTH, STABLE RIDE: No matter how your foot lands, our Segmented Crash Pad - an integrated...
- SOFT, SECURE, FIT: The newly engineered mesh and 3D Fit Print practically disappears on your...
Our first pick is these Brooks Ghost 13 shoes that will serve you well as you run if you have Achilles Tendonitis. These shoes offer you comfort and support as you recover from Achilles Tendon pain. You'll find that they are loved by many worldwide and won't add any stress to your already existing Achilles Tendon pain. These Achilles Tendonitis shoes have a midsole drop of 12mm.
The prominent drop of these shoes' midsole helps relieve any pressure from your Achilles tendon. These running shoes also combine BioMoGo Gel technology and DNA Loft foam midsole cushioning to give you the best comfort and support as you go for your run or even walk.
This midsole cushioning system also adapts to your stride. Therefore, you'll find that these running shoes get more comfortable with time.
Once you put on these running shoes great for Achilles Tendonitis, you'll always feel a smooth footfall with each step you take. In addition, if you have high arches, these shoes will help cushion your foot as you run. Therefore, you won't have an issue as you run and will not create any Achilles tendon pain on your part.
2. Brooks Women's Adrenaline GTS 21
- THIS WOMEN'S SHOE IS FOR: Runners looking for a supportive shoe that's soft and smooth, the...
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: Provides just the right amount of stability and support, great for...
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: The DNA LOFT Crash Pad cushions each footfall and works with BioMoGo...
- MODERNIZED FIT: A streamlined, engineered mesh upper with 3D Fit Print offers the structure and...
- GUIDERAILS HOLISTIC SUPPORT SYSTEM: We've shifted our focus beyond the feet to the most...
These walking shoes designed for Achilles Tendonitis are lightweight and have a heel-to-toe drop of 12mm. This ensures that your Achilles tendon is well-positioned and protected at all times. If you are a woman who wants shoes you can wear as you run and walk, these running shoes are for you.
The heel-to-toe drop of these shoes is one of the things that make these shoes for your Achilles tendon one of the best choices to consider. In addition, the arch of these running shoes is great for those with low arches or flat arches.
The seamless mesh upper makes these running shoes very lightweight and comfortable to wear. This mesh is also breathable, which ensures that your feet will always feel fresh and airy.
The guide rails on these running shoes offer you maximum support. This feature also gives this running shoe more durability and the ability to support your foot comfortably. The cushioning in the midsole also ensure that you get proper protection and comfort.
3. New Balance Men's Shoe
- Heritage Style: The 990v5 is an iconic sneaker, built with a pigskin and mesh upper in a...
- Supportive Fit: Venture on, wherever the day takes you, with the New Balance 990v5 lifestyle...
- Helps Protect Ankles: Designed for all-day comfort, these everyday running shoes from New...
- Built to Last: These New Balance everyday shoes are designed with a durable blown rubber...
- Made in the USA: Manufactured in the US for over 75 years and representing a limited portion of...
These best shoes for Achilles Tendonitis are durable and have a classic look that will make you feel confident whenever you wear them. The 12mm drop gives you plenty of arch support and cushioning that will alleviate any Achilles tendon pain that you may feel.
The one drawback about these shoes is that is they are not very breathable. Otherwise, you can expect them to be extremely comfortable and give you all the support you need. The heel of these shoes is very well cushioned and suitable for all arch types.
The extra padding and close fit are designed to hold your Achilles, whether you are running or walking comfortably.
If you choose these shoes like running shoes, you may be slightly disappointed as they are designed to be more comfortable than efficient running shoes. However, you can still use this shoe as a walking shoe or a running shoe when you want to do some light running. Although you might get tired when using these running shoes to run, you will never experience any Achilles tendon pain.
4. ASICS Women's GT-2000 9
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Technology Cushioning System - Attenuates shock during impact and...
- FlyteFoam Midsole Technology - Our FlyteFoam technology provides exceptional bounce back and...
- DuoMax Support System - A dual density midsole system positioned to enhance support and...
- Guidance Line Midsole Technology - Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line...
- Guidance Trusstic System Technology - This Trusstic System Technology integrates Guidance Line...
These Asics GT-2000 9 shoes are great for supporting your Achilles tendon and cushioning your foot to get the best experience. If you've loved the walking shoes for Achilles above, you'll love these running shoes and the support they give you. The high drop of this running shoe will secure your ankle and support it while you run.
This running shoe is also great if you experience overpronation while running. This shoe for Achilles has a snug midfoot and a great heel construction that adds to the support. The toe box of this shoe for Achilles also has enough room for you to wiggle your toes and walk confidently without feeling squashed.
This shoe for Achilles provides you with great support for your ankles because it is designed to protect you from any Achilles tendon pain. In addition, the extra cushioning at the heel and the rear of these Achilles Tendonitis shoes are designed to absorb most of the shock that comes about while you walk.
This means that this shoe for Achilles Tendonitis is great if you have a heavy stride. Therefore, if you are recovering from Achilles Tendonitis, get yourself a pair of these running shoes that prevent any strain on the Achilles.
5. Mizuno Men's Wave Rider 24 Running Shoe
- Mizuno WAVE: The Mizuno wave Plate disperses energy from impact to a broader area providing a...
- U4ic Midsole: delivers optimal shock reduction, durability, and a superior ride. innovatively...
- Smoothride: creates a smooth transition from heel to toe on every step
- X10 outsole: durable carbon rubber that allows for longer wear
- Energy foam: Mizuno Energy foam is more responsive and has more springy qualities compared to...
Our final pick of the shoe for Achilles Tendonitis that you need is lightweight and very functional. This functional option can offer you good arch support to protect your Achilles tendon, whether you want a walking shoe or a running shoe. Wearing these flexible men's shoes can protect you from further injury.
This footwear has a high drop and a super flex that is great if you recover from this condition. In addition, the durable heel support and great underfoot feel make this footwear a great option.
If you are a professional runner or participate in races, short runs, and other speed work, this cushioned running shoe is for you.
This shoe can help prevent heel pain and foot pain while still offering you ankle support as you move. This shoe can also protect you from dangerous situations where Achilles Tendonitis occurs. As a great lightweight and neutral option, you can be sure to enjoy your stability every time you run.
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Shoes for Achilles Tendonitis
One of the most important factors when choosing a pair of shoes, especially when you want to protect your Achilles tendon, is the fit. You don't want a shoe that will further hurt your foot. Instead, you should choose sneakers that fit properly and reduce stress to your Achilles tendon.
The shoe you choose should have enough room for any orthotic insert you have without affecting the fit or comfort of your shoe. Choosing the right fit will reduce any unwanted rearfoot motion and protect your sides as well.
A properly fitting shoe will not allow your foot to move around in the shoe. Avoid getting a smaller shoe as this can aggravate your heel pain and Tendonitis Achilles.
Even if you have another condition like Plantar Fasciitis, having a small shoe can cause more damage than you want.
Therefore, ensure that you choose the best running shoe to protect your feet and offer you cushioned stability. Having a roomy toe box is another factor to consider.
2. Support and Cushioning
Stability, support, and cushioning are extremely important, especially when you suffer from Achilles Tendonitis. The support, the heel, and the ankle should all be soft good enough to support your foot.
If you are suffering from some pain, you want to get these shoes to reduce your Achilles tendon pain and not add to your discomfort.
Having enough arch support will lower any potential discomfort you may feel as you walk. In addition, the run. The considerable support will lower any pressure on your foot, while the shoe's insole will provide you with the right height and cushioning to your heel.
We cannot emphasize how important enough heel cushioning will allow you to have a comfortable experience. A properly cushioned heel will reduce the pressure you feel as you move around.
3. Shoe Design
Buying shoes that match your style and personality is a great idea. However, you also have to ensure that you choose a shoe to help reduce any pain with its design. For example, don't buy shoes that are too wide or too narrow.
In addition to stability and fit, get shoes that have a comfortable toe box. This will give you relief from the discomfort that comes with Achilles Tendonitis. A roomy toe box will enable your toes to move around comfortably and avoid restrictively.
If you choose Skechers or any other shoe with the wrong design, you can get additional problems such as blisters, bunions, calluses, or even hammertoes.
4. Shape and Size of Feet
You want to get shoes that are a perfect fit for your feet. To do this, you have to ensure that you understand what your feet need and how they are designed. We've mentioned getting the perfect fit, and this includes the shape as well.
Pay attention to the foot problems you have to ensure that you are getting a shoe that will help with the discomfort you are experiencing. Choose a shoe that conforms to your foot in both size and shape.
You can take a tape measure if you need to get the exact measurements of your foot before settling on the men's or women's shoe you want.
Getting lightweight shoes can also be an extra perk when choosing these shoes.
Running shoes for Achilles tendon pain have to be comfortable. You are already experiencing discomfort because of the condition. Therefore, the last thing you need is to feel discomfort because your feet feel stuffy.
Extra cushioning and a breathable mesh upper will add to the comfort of your experience. This is not just important for runners but for everyone who has Achilles Tendonitis. The added cushioning can also help with the pain.
A breathable upper will always provide your feet with the ventilation they need, especially on a hot day.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Are cushioned shoes good for Achilles Tendonitis?
Yes. Any extra cushioning can absorb impact from running and protect your feet by absorbing any force created.
The cushioning also puts less impact on your Achilles tendon and reduces any pain that you're feeling.
2. Does going barefoot help with Achilles Tendonitis?
Going barefoot can improve your balance and posture and prevent injuries to your Achilles tendon. Therefore, every once in a while, you can replace the best shoes for Achilles Tendonitis with going barefoot.