When connective tissues of your feet crumble, they allow calcium to build upon the bottom side of your heel bone, as bony growth is known as a heel spur. Heel spurs are not very painful; however, some people may have a pain that continues for even more than four months. Having the best shoes for heel spurs will help with relieving the pain.
You may have symptoms like inflammation and swelling, which indicate that you may be suffering from heel spurs, affecting your walking and standing. Several issues can cause heel spurs and heel pain: running on hard surfaces, Wearing badly fitted shoes, shoes with poor arch and ankle support, and excessive weight.
Determining the ideal shoes for heel spurs and heel pain for you can be complicated, considering the many choices on the market you have to choose from. For this reason, we have a list of the five excellent shoes for heel spurs together with their pros and cons to help make a wise decision.
1. ASICS Gel-Nimbus 22
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Technology Cushioning...
- Engineered monofilament upper -
- FlyteFoam Propel Technology - ASICS energetic foam...
- EVA Sockliner - Removable sockliner that provides...
- Lightweight AHAR outsole -
ASICS Gel-Nimbus 22 is a great shoe for heel spurs and heel pain that will deal with your heel pain, inflammation, and plantar fasciitis. It is designed with the most advanced technologies to enhance the enforcement of neutral runners. In addition, the new advanced shoe features soft Gel cushioning that offers excellent shock absorption.
It is also designed with FLYTEFOAM new and advanced technology in the orthotic midsole gives a more energetic ride. In addition, the upper part of the shoe is made of mesh, giving the shoe much breathability and synthetic fiber.
The best thing is that the rear and forefoot have cushioned base that will help with heel pain, inflammation and is also great for people with abnormal walking gaits and excessive weight.
- Ultimate cushion
- A high-quality and durable shoe
- Designed with Gel technology cushioning system
- Has multi-directional mesh material enhances ventilation
- Reduced the excessive weight in the sole unit
- Provides stability and extra arch support
- Great treatment feet issues
- Neutral runners may find the shoe a bit stiff
2. New Balance Fresh Foam 1080 V10
- Cushioned Running Shoes for Every Runner: Part of...
- Support and Durability: This shoe features a...
- Perfect Fit: These comfortable running shoes...
- Breathable and Lightweight Running Shoes: The...
- Keep Your Feet Comfortable: The Ortholite...
New Balance Fresh Foam 1080 V10 is another shoe that will greatly help with heel pain or any other pain related to the feet due to the comfortability that it offers. It is designed with a jacquard upper mesh with advanced technology that improves breathability and makes it more lightweight.
The outsole of the shoe is designed a highly tough blown rubber. The sole has a wide and large bottom that offers increased support to the areas. In addition, it has been improved using a bootie structure inside the shoe, making the shoe much more comfortable.
The shoe’s outsole is designed of durable rubber, which makes it great for almost all terrain. As a result, the shoe will help you move comfortably while at the same time keeping excess movement in check.
- Hypoknit upper technology to give important areas of support
- Rubber outsole for extraordinary durability
- Keep Your Feet Comfortable
- Breathable and Lightweight shoe
- Has Ultra Heel design for extra arch support for the foot
- The wide bottom that is supportive
- Jacquard upper mesh technology
- Deliver precise plushness
- Not a great choice for low arches
3. Brooks Women’s Adrenaline GTS 21
- THIS WOMEN'S SHOE IS FOR: Runners looking for a...
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: Provides just the right...
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: The DNA LOFT Crash Pad...
- MODERNIZED FIT: A streamlined, engineered mesh...
- GUIDERAILS HOLISTIC SUPPORT SYSTEM: We've shifted...
The Adrenaline GTS 21 Running Shoes are made with an advanced GuideRails holistic support system that will help minimize the impact of the heels and knees while walking or running.
Adrenaline GTS 21’s weight is higher than other shoes that help with heel pain, whoever you can not notice the excess weight while you are walking or running with the shoes. In addition, it is designed with a cushioned heel that is enough to shock absorption for the wearer.
Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21’shoe is designed with a new and advanced DNA loft crash pad, giving you a more cushioned heel and more durability. However, there is a downside to the DNA loft crash pad in that it makes the shoe much frim and stiff, which can be uncomfortable for most people.
- Gives an enhanced ride
- It is a supportive shoe that is soft and smooth
- Designed with a mesh upper with 3D Fit Print
- Offers the feet structure and proven fit
- DNA LOFT Crash Pad cushions technology
- Extremely durable
- The large bottom that is supportive
- Great treatment foot issues
- It can be a heavy shoe
4. Adidas Men’s Ultraboost 21
- Men's Ultraboost shoes for an energized run
- Sock-like fit; adidas Primeknit upper for support...
- Midfoot cage and heel counter for support; Boost...
- This product is made with Primeblue, a...
The Ultra Boost by Adidas is one of the best running shoes that are also great for heel pain and heel spurs. Adidas is a great brand with great customer reviews that is well known to make shoes for outdoor and indoor activities.
The Adidas men’s ultra boost running shoe is designed with a full-length new and Advance midsole with a cushion that will give you all the comfort you will need while walking, running, or even standing for long periods. They also have a knit mesh upper that gives the shoes breathability features and offers great support.
The Men’s Ultraboost shoes running shoe is constructed with durable materials that make the shoe more durable. It is also designed to offer great support for the arch that gives you free movement of the rearfoot and forefoot and helps your foot relax and respond spontaneously. In addition, the outsole of the sure is great for different terrains.
- Has a durable rubber sole
- Designed with Adidas Primeknit upper for comfort
- A supportive heel counter
- Has Increase midsole for a tender feel
- Superb outsole flexes easily for a stimulated run
- Outsole Rubber gives you excellent traction
- Uniformly distributed pressure points
- Excellent cushioning
- Not suitable for people with wider feet
5. HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Bondi 7 Running Shoe
- Breathable open engineered textile mesh upper with...
- Breathable textile lining for abrasion-free wear
- Removable textile lined, foam padded insole for...
- Durable full-length EVA midsole to absorb shock...
- Durable synthetic sole with rubber inserts for...
HOKA Bondi 7 is one of the best shoes for heel spurs and heel pain, commonly known for their extra cushioning. The shoe has great customer reviews for delivering a smooth and balanced feel whenever you walk or run. In addition, it is designed with an EVA midsole that guarantees maximum shock absorption, which is great, especially if you suffer from Plantar Fasciitis.
The HOKA Bondi 7 is also constructed with a Meta-Rocker technology that imitates the natural walking motion, which then helps to relax your foot. The shoe also has a soft foam memory that supports your heel. These shoes are a great choice for people who walk or run are doing exercises to lose weight.
The Bondi 7 has an internal heel counter to add extra support and to help you feel more secure. In addition, it is available for different foot sizes. The bottom line is that the shoes will help minimize or reduce irregular bony growths on the heel bone due to swelling or pain.
- Outstanding support with an orthotic midsole
- Long-lasting and lightweight outsole giving a natural feel
- Exceptional comfort and responsiveness
- Variety of width alternatives
- Has supremely plush collar
- The wide bottom provides support
- Has a wider toe box that provides more stability
- Removable foam padded insole
- The shoe may feel a bit stiffer
Factors to consider when buying Best Shoes For Heel Spurs
If you have a foot condition like heel spur and heel pain, it is very important to make sure that the shoe you are buying is comfortable to walk in. Comfortable shoes that fit you perfectly will provide stability while walking. Another thing to note is that the shoe is comfortable enough to do various outdoor activities.
First, you will have to look at the material used to make the shoe and ensure a comfortable and breathable material. Also, ensure that the material of the shoe can protect from dampness or moisture and keep your feet warm and cool. This way, you are guaranteed that you will reduce or prevent foot and knee pains.
While buying the best shoes for heel spurs and heel pain, you consider the shoe’s design that you want to buy. You will need to get a shoe with a design that will not cause or increase foot pains. The first important thing to look at when it comes to the design is the outsole or the sole, and it is the part that is in contact with the floor and covers the edges of the shoe. The outsole should be made of durable light rubber for heel spurs and heel pain to help reduce pain and plantar fascia.
Secondly, the place where your feet rest inside the shoe, which is the insole is also very important. You are likely to find some removable insoles that are the best, but you could also find very high-quality ones that are not removable. Most footwear for people with foot issues, like a heel spur, heel pain, or plantar fascia, has an orthotic inner sole that will give shock protection, giving you comfort and extra cushioning even when you are working on hard or rough surfaces non-natural surfaces.
3. Size and Fit
A great shoe for heel spurs and heel pain is supposed to have a perfect fit that will not cause any injuries or cause irregular movements inside the shoe. The footwear should be a good and reputable brand known for manufacturing good shoes suitable and with great arch and ankle support. Some brands will offer shoe sizes in different ranges making it even easier to find a perfectly fitting shoe.
Having a pair of shoes with more cushioning in the inner sole will be ideal for heel pain, heel spur, and plantar fasciitis problems. Find a shoe with extra cushioning in the midsole that is not too soft, which can cause additional strain or too hard to increase your heel pain. It is important to choose a shoe with a bouncy midsole, which will ensure that your heel is provided with extra comfort and cushion to the heel.
5. Heel Cup
The best shoes for heel spurs and heel pain should have a supportive heel cup, and it is very important to ensure that the shoe you purchase has that to experience instant heel spur and heel pain relief. In addition, the heel cup will help reduce or minimize the strain or any injuries on your heel while walking or running.
6. Rearfoot and Forefoot
The rearfoot and the forefoot are very important parts to check when buying a new pair of shoes for heel pain and heel spurs. The front part of the footwear where the toes are, while the rearfoot is the back part where the heel rests.
The rear part of the shoe should be firm enough and will not bend easily; however, it is not stiff and will provide a cushion to the heel. Getting a very flexible rear part of the shoe can cause much strain. The front part of the shoes should also be flexible enough to allow your foot to move and bend smoothly and prevent straining.
The price of the shoes that help with heel spurs and heel pain is another crucial part that you will want to consider while planning to purchase a pair of shoes. The price is certainly a factor that most people overlook, but it is vital to stick to your budget.
Some of the shoes designed for people with foot issues like heel pain, heel spurs, and plantar fasciitis will likely be priced higher than other shoes, but it is important to ensure that you get a high-quality shoe that will help with pain relief.
Frequently Asked Questions about Best Shoes For Heel Spurs
1. Is walking good for heel pain?
Wearing comfortable shoes can help reduce heel pain; sometimes, walking can cause or worsen the pain depending on the circumstances. You may consider resting if you are experiencing too much pain while walking or even consider purchasing more suitable footwear.
2. What vitamin is good for foot pain?
In most cases, vitamin D will highly be recommended to be used if you have heel pains. Vitamin D supplements will help to decrease foot pain and plantar fascia. Vitamin D insufficiency usually causes aches, focal symptoms, musculoskeletal issues like plantar fasciitis, back pain, and knee pain.
3. Do foot orthotics work?
Yes, orthotics work well for foot support and the reduction of inflammation. In addition, orthotics help to limit the extreme outward or inward rolling of the feet. Wearing shoes with high arches will likely cause muscle stress to your feet, which can lead to a couple of serious issues such as plantar fasciitis.